In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
At Seattle Green Cleaner, we’re always striving to be even more eco-friendly. We think having your home professionally cleaned by a green company should be healthier for you, your family and pets, your home and for the health of our environment. We know you have options when choosing a house cleaning company. We figure since you’re checking out environmentally friendly cleaning companies, you probably want the most eco-friendly cleaning company in Seattle. We’re very happy, and frankly, quite proud of our environmental stewardship. We hope by constantly greening our game, we’re raising the bar for other cleaning companies. We believe that everyone can make a difference.
What makes us Green?
Here are some of the things we do to ensure we’re as green as possible:
- All of our estimates are given online (and they’re accurate too!)
- It’s quick, easy, simple, free and non-committal to get a cleaning estimate from us, but mainly, it’s eco-friendly. When you consider the environmental impact a cleaning company can have just from driving around giving estimates all day, not to mention the waste of paper estimates, getting an online estimate is a no-brainer. Add the sweet bonus of knowing our estimates are accurate to within 30 minutes and wow, what an easy choice!
- We schedule appointments by proximity, not by profit.
- Most teams clean 2-5 houses each day!
- Instead of driving all over the city every day, we have West Seattle Day, Capitol Hill Day, Queen Anne Day, etc. Our regular customers’ appointments are scheduled on days we’re already in the area.
- Since our office is in West Seattle, we try to start and/or end each day with an appointment in West Seattle.
- Scheduling appointments by proximity of each other and having cleaners carpool means less driving between homes.
- As our name suggests, we focus mainly on Seattle. We are willing to travel a little outside of Seattle when our schedule allows, but only if we can clean more than one home in the area.
- Since we clean in teams of 2-3 cleaners, the teams carpool to each job.
- We provide an eco-friendly company car, which our cleaning teams alternate using.
Everything we use is eco-friendly (and nothing goes into a landfill).
- Since we don’t use disposable products and everything is either recyclable or compostable, nothing we use goes into a landfill.
- Our sponges and sponge cloths are made from bamboo and get tossed into the compost bin after being used 100+ times. Using just one sponge cloth can replace 20 rolls of paper towels!
- The “plastic” packaging that our sponges come in are made from corn. They’re compostable too.
- Our spray bottles (which are used around 500 times before being recycled) are made of recycled materials. The whole bottle is recyclable, including the spray nozzle.
- We order cleaning products in bulk, concentrated form. This means we only get 2-3 deliveries annually (less fossil fuels are burned when products are shipped less often). 1 gallon of concentrate makes around 300 spray bottles of cleaning liquid!
- The vendors we order from ship materials in recyclable packaging and use corn packing peanuts instead of Styrofoam. The corn packing peanuts then get spread throughout the garden and used as mulch until they dissolve.
- We only use organic cleaning products made from natural, plant and seed based ingredients. These products are safe for your home, your family (think of the baby that puts everything in its mouth), your pets (our dog licks the floor!); and they’re safe for our employees who use these products all day.
- The products we use are easily biodegradable.
- We don’t use any products that contain toxic chemicals or emit volatile organic compounds.
- We only use products that have not been tested on animals and contain no animal ingredients. Raising animals in captivity (for any purpose) is one of the top contributors to our most serious environmental problems. From deforestation and land degradation to water and air pollution, 51% of Greenhouse Gas emissions in the US are from animal agriculture. Yikes!
- We only use cleaning products from like-minded companies. We’ll never use cleaning products from a company that also offers toxic products. Never!
- All laundry is cleaned in our high efficiency washer and dryer, which has a high Energy Star rating.
- Energy Star estimates the yearly operating cost of our machines is $7!
We only accept credit cards and electronic funds transfer.
- By only accepting credit cards and electronic funds transfers, and by emailing receipts instead of printing them, we aren’t wasting paper.
- Since we don’t accept checks or cash, we aren’t driving to the bank to deposit funds. There’s no fuel spent driving to the bank, no paper deposit slip, no paper receipt, etc.
- Everything is online and energy efficient!